不及物动词（汽车或自行车）（尤指不用动力向山坡下）滑行; （做事）不出力; 不费力地取得成功; （不用多少动力）快速平稳地移动
1. We coasted South America on our trip last year.
1. The sledge coasted down the slope.
2. The actor coast ed to stardom on his father's name.
3. You can coast downhill on a bicycle.
1. The land is barren on the east coast.
A：So, what’s your educational background?
B：I graduate from high school with a 4.0, graduated from university with a degree in English, and am currently in the middle of obtaining a master’s degree in Linguistics.
我以4.0 的成绩从高中毕业， 大学获得了英语学士学位，近来正在读语言学硕士学位。
A：What university did you go to ?
B：I went to UCB, the university of California, Berkeley.
A：Are you from California originally?
B：No, I’m from Colorado. I received a full scholarship to UCB, so I went.
A：That’s great. How did you like your classes there?
B：I like my professors a lot. They seemed to have a lot of passion for teaching. They weren’t the stuffy professors that I thought they’d be.。
A：How about the other students? Did you get along well with them?
B：The students were from all over the country. I found that most of my friends were people who were from the mid-west?
A：That’s interesting. Why do you think that is?
B：I’m not sure. I lived in Iowa during middle school, so I guess we had that in common. Mid-westerners and people from the west coast have a different view of the world.
A：What do you mean?
B：It’s hard to explain. I guess people from the west coast come off as a bit snobby sometimes, especially if you aren’t come from the west coast。
A：I see. Well, thanks for coming in for the interview. My secretary will get back to you within a week.
1. 海岸：三、引进美国海岸(Coast)公司拉挤机引进美国索亥俄化学公司费隆分部(Filon division sohio Chemicl Compang)连续成型波形瓦生产线. 生产能力180万平方米年,合128万标张年. 引进英国普罗菲尔斯层压板开发有限公司(Laminated Protiles Ltd)连续成型波形瓦生产线.
3. 滑行：(3)在巡航控制开关处于滑行(COAST)状态时,车速无法降低. 应对车速控制拉线的工作情况进行检查. 如果车速控制拉线工作正常,应对控制开关电路进行检测. 如果检测结果正常,再对CC ECU进行检测或更换. (4)在巡航控制开关处于设定(SET)状态时,
4. 沿海：如表1所示,1990~2000年间,加州总人口增长了13.7%,内陆县区(inland)增长了22.7%,沿海(coast)和近岸(near-shore)县区区分别增长了11.3%和7.7%. ﹡在劳动统计局(BLS)的数据报告中,沿海县和内陆县的和不等于全州的数据.
5. coast：children origins of asthma; 孩童过敏原
6. coast：computer operations audit and security technology; 普渡大学的
7. coast：cache on a stick; 条状缓存
8. coast：computer operations, audit and security technology; 计算机操作、审查和安全技术
The coast is an area of land that is next to the sea.
e.g. Camp sites are usually situated along the coast, close to beaches.
e.g. ...the west coast of Scotland.
If a vehicle coasts somewhere, it continues to move there with the motor switched off, or without being pushed or pedalled.
e.g. I switched off the engine and coasted round the corner.
e.g. They picked up momentum, then slipped into neutral and coasted quietly down the slope.
If a person or a team is coasting, they are doing something easily, especially winning a competition.
e.g. Ivan Lendl coasted to a 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 victory over Roger Rasheed...
e.g. The company was coasting on the enormous success of its early products.
If you say that someone is coasting, you are emphasizing that they are not putting enough effort into what they are doing.
e.g. There was a time when Charles was coasting at school and I should have told him to buckle down.
If you say that the coast is clear, you mean that there is nobody around to see you or catch you.
e.g. 'You can come out now,' he called. 'The coast is clear. She's gone.'
1. the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it
e.g. his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill
the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope
2. the area within view
e.g. the coast is clear
3. a slope down which sleds may coast
e.g. when it snowed they made a coast on the golf course
4. the shore of a sea or ocean