名词地址; 称呼; 演说; 通信处
动词称呼; 演说; 写姓名地址; 向…说话
1. form of address : 称呼；
1. He addressed her with high compliment.
2. He addressed himself to the problem.
3. He is addressing the chairman.
1. Write the address clearly.
A：I’d like to have this cashed, please.
B：Please put you name and address here. May I see your passport?
B：How would you like it?
A：Ten hundreds and ten twenties, and the rest in small changes, please.
十张100 元的和十张10 元，剩余的零钱。
B：O.K. Here you are.
1. 住址：NO.) 住址(ADDRESS) 授权人(PRINCIPAL) 中文 国内 国外 英文 中文名称 被授权人(AGENT) 县 乡镇 村邻 市 (区)里路段巷弄号楼街 授权人与被授权人之关系备注 房地标示及权利范围 办理不动产变更登记之辖区地政事务所: 授权事项
2. 瞄球：15、应抛球(DROP)的地方,未抛球而放置地上,罚二杆. 40、瞄球(ADDRESS)后动球,罚一杆,在原有处再打. 14、未除去球印(MARK)推杆,罚两杆.
Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
e.g. The address is 2025 M Street, Northwest, Washington, DC, 20036...
e.g. We require details of your name and address.
If a letter, envelope, or parcel is addressed to you, your name and address have been written on it.
e.g. Applications should be addressed to: The business affairs editor.
The address of a website is its location on the Internet, for example http://www.cobuild.collins.co.uk.
e.g. Internet addresses are also known as URLs.
The address of a cell on a computer spreadsheet refers to the particular row and column number where it is located, for example 'C2' or 'N63'.
If you address a group of people, you give a speech to them.
e.g. He is due to address a conference on human rights next week.
If you address someone or address a remark to them, you say something to them.
e.g. The two foreign ministers did not address each other directly when they last met...
e.g. He addressed his remarks to Eleanor, ignoring Maria.
If you address someone by a name or a title such as 'sir', you call them that name or title when you talk or write to them.
e.g. I heard him address her as darling...
e.g. The Duchess should be addressed as Your Grace.
If you address a problem or task or if you address yourself to it, you try to understand it or deal with it.
e.g. Mr King sought to address those fears when he spoke at the meeting...
e.g. Throughout the book we have addressed ourselves to the problem of ethics.
1. social skill
2. the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
3. (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
4. written directions for finding some location
written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
5. a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
6. the manner of speaking to another individual
e.g. he failed in his manner of address to the captain
7. the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience
e.g. he listened to an address on minor Roman poets
8. the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with